Awareness & Advocacy Tools
Contact your local officials TODAY to ask that they light up a significant landmark, monument or building in the color of purple for World Lupus Day on May 10. See examples here.
Reach out to your local elected officials to have them recognize World Lupus Day to increase awareness of lupus and important priorities such as the need for improved patient healthcare services, more research into the causes of and new treatments for lupus, and enhanced physician diagnosis of lupus.
Proclamation | Government Leader Letter
Understanding the common signs and symptoms of lupus is critical to raising awareness and reducing the time to an accurate diagnosis. Use the symptoms checklist to help recognize the symptoms and risk factors for lupus.
Download Symptoms Checklist
On World Lupus Day – May 10, 2023
There are several ways that you can join people from all over the globe raising lupus awareness on World Lupus Day, including:
- Join the global lupus community to share your lupus story on social media, and post images of our lupus facts along with sample messages located on this toolkit webpage. Use the hashtags #WorldLupusDay and #MakeLupusVisible
- Wear your favorite purple items, and share photos on social media
- Make a statement by lighting up a building or significant landmark in your town to be illuminated in the color purple
Sample Social Media Posts
- Today is #WorldLupusDay — when we all take a moment to show support for the millions affected by lupus. It’s easy to raise lupus awareness! Wear purple and share lupus facts from our toolkit at WorldLupusDay.org/tool-kit #MakeLupusVisible
- Show your support for those affected by #lupus TODAY by sharing facts about lupus and proudly wearing your purple for #WorldLupusDay #MakeLupusVisible WorldLupusDay.org/tool-kit
Before World Lupus Day
Take action NOW and in the weeks before World Lupus Day by using the tools and materials below so that we can bring as much attention as possible to World Lupus Day on May 10.